Looking Glass Studios
The professional production studio to contact and arrange a beautiful tribute slideshow (DVD or USB) to celebrate the life of your loved one.
Susanna says: "Thank you very much for taking a great look back at my late father's life. My friends and relatives thoroughly enjoyed the slideshow. The visual effects were amazing. Thank you for your care and understanding"
Amanda says: "I was amazed at the creative way you presented the photos. The use of frames and a variety of backgrounds enhanced the photos and reminded us of different aspects of Patsy's life.Thank you also for your willingness to prepare the presentation at such short notice"
Noeleen says: "Thank you for putting together the photo tribute so skillfully. Pachelbel's Canon accompanied it perfectly. My husband said it's the best tribute he's seen. My daughter-in-law loved it too and she's a total perfectionist".
Conversion of VHS, MiniDV and Hi8 Video Tapes
In addition to the photo tribute creations Looking Glass Studios can also assist in the conversion of VHS, MiniDV and Hi8 video tapes to either DVD or MP4 format. Scanning of slides can also be undertaken.
We all enjoy reflecting back on the life of someone special,celebrating cherished memories with family and friends. Looking Glass Studios provides a service to relive those moments.
Since 2010 we have prepared over 1,200 tribute presentations for funeral services held across Melbourne working in the main with Bethel Funerals, a not-for-profit Funeral Service located in Mitcham and Carrum Downs. Numerous interstate assignments have also been completed using the facility of either Drop Box or We Transfer.
What We Do - The Process
We are pleased to outline the various steps in the process of creating a memorable slideshow. Looking Glass Studios is here to help you every step of the way.
1. Please call to advise of the relevant details regarding the deceased, date of service,etc
2.The length of the presentation will depend on the number of photos to be included into the production. Thirty five photos generally suits a 4 minute sound track.
3.If the photos are hard copy, sort them into chronological (date) order and gently mark the number on the reverse. Digital photos can be loaded to a USB with the file names amended to reflect the order for presentation i.e. 22,23 etc.
4. Select a sound track (instrumental or vocal) that will suit the number of photos to be included in the presentation- again, 35 photos suits a 4 minute sound track. We will purchase the track from Itunes to ensure quality audio. Copyright permission is obtained for the soundtrack/s.
5. We will arrange collection of the photos from anywhere in metro Melbourne and at that meeting discuss:
- appropriate wording for the "hold" screen
- selected sound track/s
- identify the deceased in any group shot thus enabling a gentle zoom close up to be undertaken
- discuss the number of copies required in either DVD or USB format for family and friends
6. Our Studio will scan and fully restore all photos prior to production of the slideshow. Once completed, the original USB version together with any DVD or USB copies will be delivered to the Funeral Director handling the service together with the original photos. We also provide a free DVD containing all restored images perchance the family would like to arrange printing of any of the restored images.
n.b. Should you reside outside the Melbourne metro area you may choose to either personally arrange delivery of photos to our Brighton office or scanning of the photos and onforwarding via either DropBox, We Transfer or email. Other aspects relating to the production can be discussed by telephone.
Tribute to David
Tribute to Mary
Pricing (GST does not apply)
There is a base slideshow production fee which includes:
scanning and full restoration of up to 35 hard copy photos- extras @ $2 each
uploading of any digital images together with color or exposure correction if deemed necessary
purchase of selected soundtrack/s and obtaining of associated copyright approval
provision of both a DVD version and MP4 version on USB
supply of a DVD containing all the restored images perchance the family require prints of the restored photos.
Copies of the DVD = $10 each which includes a clear case. Details of the deceased and a photo are printed on the label of the DVD.
Copies of the MP4 version on a USB = $15 each and are supplied in a sachet with love heart cutout - ideal as a keepsake for family and friends. n.b. the photo tribute production is copyright protected.
Video Tapes and Slides
Video tape conversion to DVD = $25 per tape. Transfer to MP4 format is an additional $5 per tape.
Slides can be scanned to digital at $2 per slide (slides are restored after scanning at no additional cost)